Friday, July 11, 2008

Bad Times at the Library

Last week we got news that all of our extra-help was getting the boot. With five vacancies and another 56 hours being covered for the computer lab, that was a lot of extra-help to lose. Now Marcus and I, instead of doing collection development and GOOD reference service, are manning the computer lab (what a bunch of whiny, entitled, lazy people!) and doing "good enough" reference which consists of pointing in the direction and praying the patron finds the book on their own. I think people calling us on the phone must think we're ignoring them. I don't know how many calls I miss because I'm signing people up on the computers, organizing volunteers, redeeming summer reading program incentives, releasing print jobs and everything else.

*sigh* I'm tired.

No comments: